I’m pretty sure I’ve made this funny before, but whenever I see blogging awards, I think of this scene from the Grinch:
At any rate, this week I felt super appreciated–and special!–when not one but two fellow bloggers–Amy @ Mom On Purpose and Dr. Andrea Ryan @ Relish The Journey–nominated me for a Liebster Award. I like the idea of you guys checking out their blogs and I was always a sucker for chain mail, chain emails, and anything that makes me feel like I’m in on something exclusive so of course I’m playing along! Thanks, guys!
Facts of the Liebster Award
The Liebster Award’s origins are pretty much a mystery. Bloggers nominate other bloggers that have 200 or less followers. It’s basically a “Hey, that’s a sweet little blog you’ve got there. Here’s an award!” You can’t just accept the award. You have to play by the (ever-changing) rules and pay it forward. Then you can put the award on your blog for all to see.
1. List 5 facts about yourself. (Random blogging? My forte!)
2. Answer the 5 questions given to you. (Oh lordy, I’ve got 10!)
3. Create 5 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award. (Check ’em out near the bottom of this bad boy!)
4. Choose 5 worthy bloggers to nominate. (Scroll down, kiddos!)
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog. Did I mention that these ladies rock? Cuz they have a hella awesome message to spread and I for one am a fan!
5 random facts about myself
1 – Would you rather have a life of extreme highs and lows (great success, bliss, and joy, accompanied by great challenge, grief and despair) or an even-keel life with neither of the extremes?
Yes. To really experience joy, you have to be open to the full range of emotions. Realizing this and the ways that I’ve spent so much energy trying to avoid certain ones (loneliness, fear, etc.) has shown me how I’ve shut off the exact things I need and deserve (connection, love, comfort). I am really feeling Brene Brown’s words about how to be wholehearted, we need to be vulnerable, which means opening up to all of the things that life throws our way. Our emotions don’t kill us…
2 – Why did you start blogging?
I had a blog when I was a kiddo but I kept it a bit more private. I started my last blog–eatplayluvblog–during my recovery from my eating disorder. I love writing, I knew that lots of people in the health and fitness field used blogs, and I read a lot of fun blogs so I thought what the hell. I wish it was more glamourous than that!
3 – If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be?
I’d get rid of scales–and all the weight issue stuff that go along with them.
4 – What has been your biggest challenge to overcome?
Challenges are stepping stones. My eating disorder in general has been a serious challenge for me but it’s made me the amazing person I am today. I’ve had to tackle old, deep-seated beliefs, address my self esteem, relearn how to take care of myself…but it’s all been worth it. 🙂
5 – If you could form an imaginary “council” to guide you in your life, what five people would you choose to have on it? (they could be alive or dead, fictional or real, famous or not)
This is a toughie but an awesome question. I’d choose someone to guide me on letting go and letting loose and having fun (Ke$ha would do), one to guide me on eating and taking care of my body (how about Diane or Liz from Balanced Bites, one to guide me on my finances (Gail Vaz-Oxlade should do!), a guide on how to be open to the awesomeness of life/to lead me in creating a stellar and fulfilling career (how about a life coach–Jennifer Schramm, Andrea Owen, or maybe Christie Inge), and one to help me out with all the practical things that I get confused on (my step mom has a knack for knowing how to do everything or knowing someone who could help her figure it out). That seems like a solid starting point!
For Dr. Andrea:
1. If you had to eat only one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? (not food group, a single food)
Pork in all its various forms OR just pulled pork, specifically courtesy of my good friends Emily/Gus!
2. What is the one thing on your “Bucket List” that you will do in 2013?
Become a LIFE COACH!
3. What do you do for a living & if you weren’t doing it, what would you do instead?
Currently: educator at lululemon, fitness instructor at two gyms, crossfit intern, blogger, community ambassador at gainsborough family chiropractic. Ideal: life coach, fitness professional, blogger/writer (books?), larger capacity with GFC and life by design
4. If you had to choose between not being able to hear or see, which sense would you rather not have and why?
I don’t have to choose. I think I’d choose hearing. I love music, but I want to be able to read (I know that I could “read” if I couldn’t see, but I don’t think it would be the same).
5. If you were a flavour of ice cream, what would it be?
Moosetracks. Vanilla with chocolate goodies and then nut butter? What more could you want?!
1. Jenna @ smile, you’re beautiful
2. Bill @ my life by design 30 day challenge
3. Chelsea @ one healthy munchkin
4. Bre @ bee goes bananas
5. Megan @ the jelly bean exchange
1. What was the first thing you wanted to be when you grew up?
2. If you had a day to do whatever you like (no financial constraints), what would you do, where would you go, who would you do it with, and why?
3. If you were a superhero, what would your powers be and why?
4. Who is your biggest role model? Why?
5. What’s your favourite part about blogging?
YAY! I love spreading this love. Enjoy, kiddos!