Today’s bootcamp was another small and mighty one. I had two eager ladies out for a morning session. I’m telling you folks, working out while most of the world is still sleeping feels oh so good! I was up at 5 so I had myself a full breakfast and did some random reading and tweeting and started my day at a leisurely pace before heading to the park.
Since I knew my participants and since they’re friends (i.e. wouldn’t complain if I made them hold hands or work together during the workout), I used the small group as an opportunity to try out some partner moves! I think they did the trick, although I was hoping to get through three rounds of the circuit. That just means the next time this kind of workout comes up, the better the challenge will be!
Warmup: cones –> jogging, side shuffle, criss cross, high knees/butt kicks, lunge/jog, skip/toe touches
a) Circuit: 1 minute each
1. partner squats (face each other and hold hands, lean back so weight is in your heels, squat low and trust your partner!)
2. side shuffle with a ball pass at chest level (throwback to your basketball camp days)
3. circle lunges (forward R, side R, reverse R, reverse L, side L, forward L)
4. jumping jacks
5. pushup with a high five (face your partner and give high fives with opposite hands after completing each pushup)
6. burpee/mountain climber combos (5 mountain climbers/1 burpee)
7. sit ups with a ball pass (sit with your feet facing each other, take the ball overhead and pass in the middle)
8. plank up downs
REST 1 minute before repeating
b) Core: Marathon abs (20 reps each)
1. crunches with legs extended to the sky (push out through heels, crunch straight up)
2. oblique cruches (reaching for shoelaces like you’re climbing a ladder)
3. leg raises
4. bicycle kicks
5. situps or crunches
Oh sweaty! I didn’t do the workout with them but I still felt accomplished just starting the day in an active way. When I got back to London, I grabbed coffee (this is where all my money seems to go), ran to the store for a few things, came home, and got busy in the kitchen (prepping the leafy greens I bought, cooking up lunch, and baking up a recipe I’ll share later–but am sharing with my massage therapist NOW). I’m off for my long awaited massage.
Life is good.
Have you ever done a partner workout?
What’s your favourite partner move?
Do you like morning workouts?